Simulation using ANSYS Professional NLS helps to reduce Product Development Cycle
Case Highlights: Client :
- The customer is a leading Infocomm Solution provider having verticals in Oil and Gas, Infocom, Fiber Optics etc.
- This particular division is into the Designing and manufacturing of Splicing Structure for Fiber Optics.
Technology / Software Used: ANSYS v14.5 Professional NLS
Business Requirements / Challenges:
- To simulate wide number of tests for Splice Structure used for splicing of Fiber Optics
- In case of development of Splicing structure, it is essential that the product should pass various Tests ranging from Shock loading to Impact.
- With these expectations, it becomes essential to focus on designs which can be readily used with fewer number of prototype testing.
- The software used to perform analysis was ANSYS v14.5 Professional NLS.
- A 3D Assembly model of Splice Structure was created and analyzed for Various Tests: Shock Loading, Impact Loading (Equivalent Static Loading), Temperature Loading etc.
- The analysis was performed to determine whether the structure will withstand the Tests performed.
- Assessment by FEA methodology shortened the Product Development Cycle by significant amount.